Please join Christian CND in praying this month as we intercede for issues here and around the world. We believe God has the power to move in all these situations and that prayer goes hand in hand with our campaigning efforts. There are many things to be thankful for as well as issues we want to bring before God.
Things to thank God for:
- Namibia becoming the latest state to sign the Ban Treaty
- The call of Antonia Guterres for a global ceasefire during the Corona virus crisis
- The way our communities are coming together at this difficult time
- Christian CND maintaining contact with diplomats despite cancelling our Embassies Walk
- Opportunities for international relations to improve as nations assist each other
Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons
“Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” John 14:27
Namibia became the 36th state to ratify the Treaty, doing so in March. Other states are currently in the process of joining the Treaty, which will come into force once 50 states have done so. Christian CND cancelled our Embassies Walk due to the Covid-19 outbreak but we have written to diplomats asking for a progress report on their ratification processes and to express our solidarity at this time.
Please pray with us
- Thank God for Namibia ratifying the Ban Treaty
- Thank God for the other states who have already ratified the Treaty
- Thank God the states which have signed the Treaty and pray that they would complete ratification
- Thank God that we were able to contact diplomats rather than having our planned Embassies Walk
- Pray that April would see further signatures and ratifications of the Treaty
United Nations call for global ceasefire
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
Antonio Guterres, the Secretary-General of the United Nations, has appealed for conflicts around the world to cease so that efforts can be focussed on fighting Covid-19. This is a chance to bring people together and show our common humanity rather than engaging in conflict and wasting precious life and resources. So far groups in Cameroon have laid down their arms, and the call has been endorsed by the European Union and Russia.
Please pray with us
- Thank God for the United Nations and all it does for peace
- Thank God for courage of Antonio Guterres in speaking out
- Thank God that groups in Cameroon have already heeded the calls for a ceasefire
- Pray that more groups would lay down their weapons in the coming weeks
Dealing with the Corona virus outbreak
“I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.” Psalm 4:8
As the world struggles to come to terms with the Covid-19 pandemic which is currently overwhelming healthcare systems, Christians are among those making a huge difference by serving their communities and caring for those in need. This illustrates the nature of the threats we face as a world, and shows the folly of continuing to pursue nuclear weapons at a huge cost and to the detriment of funding other areas of public service.
Please pray with us
- Thank God for those working to save lives and defeat the virus around the world
- Pray for healthcare and other key workers continuing to work despite danger
- Pray that politicians and scientists would have wisdom in their decision making
- Pray that God would comfort those suffering and those who have lost loved ones
- Pray that nations around the world would come together to cooperate
- Pray that leaders would see the need to move away from nuclear weapons and instead focus on the threats we face in the 21st century
Please keep the Christian CND staff team and Exec in your prayers.