Please join Christian CND in praying this month as we intercede for issues here and around the world. We believe God has the power to move in all these situations and that prayer goes hand in hand with our campaigning efforts. There are many things to be thankful for as well as issues we want to bring before God.
Things to thank God for:
- More states signing and ratifying the Ban Treaty in New York.
- The opportunity to work together at Christian CND Conference and AGM.
- The chance to share the news of the Ban Treaty at meetings in Nottingham and elsewhere.
- That He is never changing and steadfast in His love for us.
Things to pray for this month
Christian CND Conference and AGM
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.Romans 8:28
The Christian CND Conference and AGM will take place in Coventry on Saturday 6 October. In addition to sessions on the Ban Treaty and engaging Christians in our work, we will also be electing a new Executive Committee to serve for the coming year.
Please pray with us:
- Pray for those travelling to attend the event.
- Pray that it would be well attended and that people would be inspired by what they hear.
- Pray for the decisions being taken with regard to the Christian CND Executive Committee and positions on it.
- Pray that God would use the event for His glory and for the furthering of peace.
Church of England
Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23
Following the Church of England passing a motion in favour of the Ban Treaty in July, Christian CND is working to raise awareness of the motion. A meeting is taking place in Nottingham this month, with others being planned.
Please pray with us:
- Thank God that so many churches in the UK now support the Ban Treaty.
- Pray that many in the Church of England would become aware of the Treaty and issues around nuclear weapons.
- Pray that the event in Nottingham would be well-attended and lead to local action.
- Pray that other events would take place around the country to raise awareness among Christians.
Nuclear Weapons Ban Treaty
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
At a signing event in New York many states signed and ratified the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons, bringing the Treaty closer to coming in to force. Other states continue the process of ratification in their domestic settings.
Please pray with us
- Thank God for the states who ratified the Treaty in the past month: Gambia, Samoa, San Marino and Vanuatu
- Thank God for those states who signed the Ban Treaty in the past month: Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Brunei, Guinea-Bissau, Myanmar, Seychelles and Timor Leste.
- Pray that many more states would sign the Treaty at the United Nations this month.
- Pray that the nuclear-armed states including the UK would engage in the Ban Treaty.
World nuclear weapons situation
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. 1 Corinthians 16:13
Tensions appear to be increasing between Washington and Tehran after sharp exchanges at the United Nations last week. Elsewhere there are reports that the leaders of the United States and North Korea will soon meet for a second time, following a successful visit to Pyongyang by the South Korean leader.
Please pray with us
- Pray that global leaders would have wisdom and courage to seek peace.
- Thank God that diplomacy and dialogue appear to be bringing progress towards peace.
- Pray for Christians living in these parts of the world, that they would be strengthened by the Holy Spirit.
- Thank God that many are committed to working for peace around the world.
- Pray that tensions would not escalated.
Please keep the Christian CND staff team and Exec in your prayers.